WMT 3D Banner Box is an Joomla Extensions built using the 3D
capabilities of Flash Player 10. This extensions supports image files
(png, jpeg, gif).
In Joomla admin area there are over 30 settings to customize the
behavior and appearance. Graphics and colors can be changed also from
inside the Joomla admin area.
For Each Box face you can setup link, link target window and Alpha parameter (transparent face).
You can choose either auto-rotation or mouse rotation specifying the rotation angle on each axis, x, or z.
WMT 3D Banner Box comes with Joomla Administration back-end Control Panel for multiple Banner Box customization.
To create new 3D Banner Box:
1. Navigate to Components --> WMT 3d Banner Box
2. In WMT 3d Banner Box Control Panel click on New icon (upper right)
3. Enter new menu name (without spaces) and click on Create icon (upper right).
(New 3d Banner Box is created in Control Panel and new module is automatically installed with the name of that menu.)
Edit Newly Created WMT 3d Banner Box:
4. In WMT 3d Banner Box Control Pane, click on newly created 3d Banner Box, to add images, links and to configure display of the 3d Banner Box.
4.1 - Click on Upload button (upper right) to upload images that you would like to use with newly created WMT 3d Banner Box.
When you have finished with uploading, navigate Back to add images to newly created 3d Banner Box (click on Back icon - upper right)
4.2 - Click on New button (upper right) to add new banner image item to newly created WMT 3d Banner Box.
- Uploaded Banner Box Images: Here you see all images file-names that you have uploaded. On mouse over
the file-name, you can see actual image as some kind of preview.
- Click image file-name that you want to add to WMT 3d Banner Box. Image file-name is added to text box Image.
- Position: Selected image position on 3D Banner Box - face position
- Alpha: box face alpha; a number between 0 and 1 * required
- Link: Enter URL that you would like to link box face to,
or select Article Item (Select Section, then Category and click on
desired article Title)
- Target: box face link target window (_blank or _parent)
- Set Publish to Yes and click on Save button (upper right)
You have successfully added new banner image to box face.
Repeat steps to add 5 more faces to 3D Banner Box
* this image shows published 3D Banner Box faces
Publish WMT 3D Banner Box:
5. Publish Module
As i said in 3rd step, new module is created with the name of your newly created WMT 3d Banner Box, so navigate to Module Manager and enter the newly created Module to publish WMT 3d Banner Box.
- Select module position and publish module.
Front Display, Width and Height Configuration
6. When you have finished with adding faces to WMT 3d Banner Box, you will probably need to edit
Front Display of Flash Menu (change width and height of the module, change width, height and length of the WMT 3d Banner Box, auto rotate
To access configuration options navigate to Components --> WMT 3d Banner Box, click on Banner Box that you would like to configure.
Click on the Config button (upper right) to enter Configuration page for selected Banner Box.
For each WMT 3d Banner Box created in control panel you have to configure Display Settings:
||width of the box in pixels
||height of the box in pixels
||length of the box in pixels
|Module Width (max: 590 px)
||viewport/module width in pixels
|Module Height (max: 300 px)
||viewport/module height in pixels
|Field Of View
an angle between o and 179 (More Info )
Stroke Face Settings:
||rollover stroke width
||rollover stroke color (0xRRGGBB)
||rollover stroke alpha; a number between 0 and 1
|Back H Flip
||if true, the back face will be flipped horizontally
|Back V Flip
||if true, the back face will be flipped vertically
||initial x rotation in degrees
||initial y rotation in degrees
||initial z rotation in degrees
||if true, the box will auto-rotate (this is forced to false when mouseRotation is true)
||auto rotate x speed
||auto rotate y speed
||auto rotate z speed
||if true, the auto rotate will pause when mouse is over the box
||if true, the box will auto rotate using the mouse position on the stage
||maximum x rotation that the mouse position can trigger
||maximum y rotation that the mouse position can trigger
||if true, the rotation will stop when mouse exists the wmt box area
||easing factor for rotation stop (the speed will drop using this value)
||if true, it allows you to click and drag the box
||the distance you have to drag with your mouse to trigger a 180 degrees x rotation
||distance you have to drag with your mouse to trigger a 180 degrees y rotation
||drag rotation easing time in seconds
WMT 3D Banner Box Tips:
- Important: when you uninstall component com_wmt3dbannerbox, all modules that are created with 3D Banner Box Control Panel will be deleted.
- Important: when you delete Banner Box from 3D Banner Box Control Panel, module that is assigned to that Banner Box is also deleted.
- Tip: when you make changes in Configuration menu in admin back, after you Save your changes, you will probably need to clear your browsers cache before you can see actual changes on the front.